Research has shown that couples who have a great friendship experience a higher percentage overall of marital satisfaction. In today’s episode, Part 1 of 4, we discuss the vital role friendship plays in staying connected to your spouse.
Discussed in today’s episode:
– “Man’s best friend.”
– It is not good that the man should be alone. Gen. 2:18a
– “Something to Talk About”
– The importance of friendship.
– The protection of friendship.
– Ways to strengthen your friendship.
- Action Steps:
Whether it’s five minutes or an hour a day, find some time to connect with your spouse every day this week intentionally.
- While you’re spending time together this week, take time to talk and ask each other: “Do you feel that our relationship is still a friendship, or have we settled into a business relationship to manage all life has brought our way?”
- Then ask, “What do we need to start or stop doing to create more margin in our lives to invest time in our friendship?”
Purchase our book here! The Marriage Adventure: Discovering Mission for Your Marriage